About Same-Day ACH
The payment landscape is evolving to meet the needs of consumers and businesses for faster payments. Same-Day ACH gives businesses the option to send and receive domestic ACH payments of $25,000 or less within the same business day.1 With Same-Day ACH, your business will have the ability to send and receive ACH payments faster than ever before.
Take full advantage of the MUFG Same-Day ACH offering with Same-Day ACH credit origination and receipt and debit origination and receipt.
Same-Day ACH Benefits and Use Cases
Same-Day ACH builds upon the ACH Network's existing next-day settlement functionality and provides a new option for same-day processing and settlement of transactions.2 This creates a host of new benefits for your business.
- Expedited payments
- Improved liquidity
- Flexibility to make unexpected payments
- Reduced reliance on checks
Take advantage of Same-Day ACH in the following scenarios:
- Same-Day Payroll - faster payroll payments for hourly or temporary pay, bonuses, and emergency payments
- Invoice Payments - pay vendor invoices on or after the due date
- Urgent Claim Payments and Refunds - quick payouts of insurance claims and refunds
- Supplier Payments - pay your suppliers faster to receive your materials on time, while taking advantage of vendor discounts
- Bill Payments – allow consumers to have their bill payments debited in a single day to avoid late fees and penalties
- Account-to-account Transfers Across Different Financial Institutions – both the “to” and “from” accounts can post the transfer on the same business day, and can decide whether funds can be made available a day earlier
Preparation for Same-Day ACH Receipt
It is important that our clients are aware of how the receipt of domestic Same-Day ACH credits and debits of $25,000 or less impacts your organization:
- Please understand that when you authorize a merchant, vendor, or biller to debit your business account with MUFG, the merchant, vendor, or biller should include information about the timing of the payment and may provide the option to collect the payment the same business day.
- If you have pre-authorized an electronic payment, such as a recurring utility or insurance payment, then very likely there will be no change to the time that these payments are posted to your account. As always, MUFG will receive and post these payments normally as designated by the transaction effective date.
- You should always have sufficient funds in your account to cover every payment you authorize or initiate. In addition, review your account balances and transactions online and review periodic account statements.
Preparation for Same-Day ACH Origination
With the launch of Same-Day ACH credit and debit origination, we want to make sure you are aware of how to take advantage of these new services:
- Evaluate your current payments to determine how to take advantage of Same-Day ACH
- Analyze your payment processes to determine the impact on liquidity
- Be aware that the process to initiate a Same-Day ACH payment will be distinguished by marking the "Effective Entry Date" as the current business day's date1
- Note that we will require submission of Same-Day ACH payments by 12:10 p.m. ET (11:10 a.m. CT / 9:10 a.m. PT).1 Any payments received after 12:10 p.m. ET (11:10 a.m. CT / 9:10 a.m. PT)1 will be processed as a standard ACH payment.
- Ensure your ACH settlement account can cover Same-Day ACH payments
- Understand that Same-Day ACH origination will be a premium service and incur a higher processing fee than standard ACH origination3
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for more details about Same-Day ACH